2013 New Album?!

I accidentally was looking around Amazon MP3 Store
Surprising found!!

Linkin Park :Studio Collection [Explicit]
Original Release Date: January 15, 2013

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ARTZK0Y/ref=dm_sp_alb?ie=UTF8&qid=1356416544&sr=8-4

Did you know? Anyway, Merry Christmas LPU [biggrin]

Seems to be a collection of every Linkin Park album, minus Collision Course

Hmm… As long as the guys haven’t announced it, I wouldn’t trust it anyway. It’s happened before, with a best of CD of theirs. But if it’s only a collection, it could be alright, though.

Since there hasn’t been an announcement I’m guessing it’s not legit. But I wouldn’t be surprised if it were to happen. A lot of bands have released compilations of what they have done thus far.

How do you mistake a new album for an album collection. [rolleyes] lol

Totally fake. No way would they release everything one release - whats the point in that when they would just cannibalise the sales of the 5 other studio albums?

Unofficial release for sure.

[quote=Curt]Totally fake. No way would they release everything one release - whats the point in that when they would just cannibalise the sales of the 5 other studio albums?

Unofficial release for sure.
[/quote]

I understand thinking this is unofficial because I do too, but what makes you think that they would never do it? I’ve been seeing that kind of thing done more and more.

I’m very sure, that LP wouldn’t release such a collection. Btw the album cover is just boring.

But I’m not sure, if WARNER possibly has the right to rerelease old music without the ok from LP. I remember, that this happened to a band called Radiohead. Their old label EMI released a Box collection with 7 CD’s of that band without their agreement. Those major labels sucks. It strikes me, that they aren’t interested in art but just in making money. But I think, that WARNER isn’t allowed (or isn’t so stupid) to deal like this with LP.

i think it’s official release from warner (despite the consent status from LP) but limited to digital format only, seeing that the amazon page doesn’t indicate physical release. shouldn’t be that big of a deal to re-release these tracks in digital in my opinion.

[quote=spikeShinnizle]i think it’s official release from warner (despite the consent status from LP) but limited to digital format only, seeing that the amazon page doesn’t indicate physical release. shouldn’t be that big of a deal to re-release these tracks in digital in my opinion.

i get what you mean when it comes to CD, but box set is usually not for everyone. there would still be those who rather buy one or two albums that they like instead the whole package - especially if they are not much of a fan. plus, box set might not have local release in some (or probably most) countries, the sales of individual albums would be stable there.