Anyone Have Multiple Sclerosis? / Ask Any Questions? / Heard Of It?

Hi, um I’ve been wanting to post this for a while…a bit nervous about the response, listening to Linkin Park to give me some courage XD

I have Multiple Sclerosis, first noticed symptoms in 2011, diagnosed in 2013. Just wanted if there was anyone else here that has it, or wanted to ask any questions about it?

A couple of things made me want to post this. First of all, the time where I waiting to be diagnosed was quite nerve racking, and I thought I could help ease some people’s minds.

Second was to raise awareness; as I’ve been out, and my balance gets really bad sometimes, so I wobble all over the place and makes it looks like I’ve had a few; and in the morning/early-mid afternoon you do get judgeful stares…Also I get an involuntary tremor in my left hand, so when I use/reach for things it really shakes, and I get people staring then too…I wouldn’t mind people coming up and asking me questions, but maybe they feel I’d snap back, who knows. I did a job a couple of weeks ago and when they found out I had MS, they asked me so many questions and I really don’t mind that. I just want people to know more about it and be more aware. So any questions you have feel free.

So yeah feel free to comment / ask questions, just please be nice. Thank you for reading.

Hey, I don’t have MS but I have had a couple of brain haemorrhages and it messed up my balance quite a bit so I know how you feel there! It’s better than it was, a few years ago I could barely stand never mind walk but now I’m just a bit wobbly and use a crutch when it’s bad. I also have a fairly mild tremor too which basically means when I’m tired I look like I’m freezing.

It’s obviously not the same but they seem similar so I thought I’d reply :slight_smile:

My mom suffers from MS. She started showing symptoms in 2006, but she was finally diagnosed a little over 2 years ago. I never realized how different MS was for everyone and as with every “invisible illness” it is hard to get people to understand how hard it is! Mom currently take infusions every month to help stop lesion formation. She has been on the infusions a little over a year and just had her 2nd MRI with no new lesions! We are so thankful they are working! Thank you for posting! People need to know more about MS and if you ever need support don’t hesitate to message me!

[quote=mhs92]Hey, I don’t have MS but I have had a couple of brain haemorrhages and it messed up my balance quite a bit so I know how you feel there! It’s better than it was, a few years ago I could barely stand never mind walk but now I’m just a bit wobbly and use a crutch when it’s bad. I also have a fairly mild tremor too which basically means when I’m tired I look like I’m freezing.

It’s obviously not the same but they seem similar so I thought I’d reply :)[/quote]

Thank you for posting.

Yea I use a crutch when I’m bad as well. I don’t know if you get this, but when I’m using a crutch sometimes people will ask me why, as I’m quite young (22 years old, but look about 16-17) I don’t mind this as it just means that I’m spreading the word about MS, but was wondering if it does happen, if it does bothers you?

Thank you for posting.

I know, even me with MS it’s eye-opening to see how differently MS affects each person. Yes I have an infusion every month as well. (Listen to Linkin Park whenever I have it XD) Say congratulations to your Mum for me, I have my MRI in just over a week, so fingers crossed.

No thank you for replying, and your kind words. :slight_smile:

[quote=Anime Girl][quote=mhs92]Hey, I don’t have MS but I have had a couple of brain haemorrhages and it messed up my balance quite a bit so I know how you feel there! It’s better than it was, a few years ago I could barely stand never mind walk but now I’m just a bit wobbly and use a crutch when it’s bad. I also have a fairly mild tremor too which basically means when I’m tired I look like I’m freezing.

It’s obviously not the same but they seem similar so I thought I’d reply :)[/quote]

Thank you for posting.

Yea I use a crutch when I’m bad as well. I don’t know if you get this, but when I’m using a crutch sometimes people will ask me why, as I’m quite young (22 years old, but look about 16-17) I don’t mind this as it just means that I’m spreading the word about MS, but was wondering if it does happen, if it does bothers you?[/quote]

Yeah I used to get people asking me all the time. I was 14 when I had my first haemorrhage so it happened a lot. I used two crutches back then and because they were for my balance, I didn’t use them in the typical way that you would if you had broken your leg or whatever so I remember one guy at school specifically saying “Why do you have them? You clearly don’t need them.” So I told him and he apologised. It was kind of funny, I was like “Well actually…”

I had the seconed one at 18 and I’m 21 now. I don’t get it as much anymore. Still get the odd funny look when I get out of the car in a disabled parking space with no immediately obvious disability but I think (generally) people are more comfortable questioning a teenager than someone in their twenties (or older) about why they use a crutch. On the rare occasion that I am asked, I’ve got into the habit of just saying "Long story. " I have been known to go on a rant about my life story sometimes though!