Are they going to come to the UK

does anybody know if they will ?
[biggrin]

Apparently they’re not in Europe this year. [cry]

Who knows, nothing’s been made official yet, as far as I know. Chances may be slim, but then again: no one important has stated the opposite yet, only a bunch of members have. If I were you, I’d keep my hopes up anyway, for who knows? The guys are no studio-sitters, so we might have to be patient, huh.

I really hope they can come to London this year!! I saw them in 2010 at the O2 Arena and they were spectacular. Now i’m an LPU member and it’s my dream to meet them :smiley: Please LP if you’re reading this make my dreams come true!

Japan’s Summer Sonic is the only touring left…

[quote=NLopezdeArenosa]Japan’s Summer Sonic is the only touring left…
[/quote]
No South East Asia anymore?[cry] Maybe next year?! can’t believe if they totally skipped it.
I won’t see them in Japan cos I don’t have the interest & energy to see the other bands at all…

I will be quite annoyed if they do not come this year, we did not get anything for the living things release, and after two 3 years of not being able to use the LPU membership it starts to become annoying :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=Curt]I will be quite annoyed if they do not come this year, we did not get anything for the living things release, and after two 3 years of not being able to use the LPU membership it starts to become annoying :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=EvoOba][quote=Curt]I will be quite annoyed if they do not come this year, we did not get anything for the living things release, and after two 3 years of not being able to use the LPU membership it starts to become annoying :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=Curt][quote=EvoOba][quote=Curt]I will be quite annoyed if they do not come this year, we did not get anything for the living things release, and after two 3 years of not being able to use the LPU membership it starts to become annoying :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=Curt][quote=EvoOba][quote=Curt]I will be quite annoyed if they do not come this year, we did not get anything for the living things release, and after two 3 years of not being able to use the LPU membership it starts to become annoying :stuck_out_tongue:
[/quote]
What about Download 2011 though?

Reading are announcing their last headliner on Monday. If there’s no arena tour, I think there’s an off-chance they may headline on a European exclusive. Or is that out of the question?

Just… don’t…

[quote=Pete Ferris][quote=Curt][quote=EvoOba][quote=Curt]I will be quite annoyed if they do not come this year, we did not get anything for the living things release, and after two 3 years of not being able to use the LPU membership it starts to become annoying :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=EvoOba][quote=Pete Ferris][quote=Curt][quote=EvoOba][quote=Curt]I will be quite annoyed if they do not come this year, we did not get anything for the living things release, and after two 3 years of not being able to use the LPU membership it starts to become annoying :stuck_out_tongue:
[/quote]
I’m not complaining, I’m wondering. And for your information, though it may not be the point, they did play Download in 2011 as well as iTunes Festival.

I do find it odd they did the european tour last year without including the UK. I did a quick google and I couldn’t find the european countries they visited but I remember it as being quite a comprehensive tour. I’m genuinely interested to know whether there was a reason why the UK was missed?

Being a fan one of the reasons for joining LPU is to get tickets first and, if we’re incredibly lucky, go to a meet and greet. So you can’t help but be disappointed if they skip your country with no explanation…I was fully expecting/hoping they’d announce extra UK dates…If I’d known they weren’t coming I would have taken a trip to Paris or Berlin or somewhere close to see them…even though I’m less than excited about Living Things.

I would have liked it if they had played UK last/this year, but I don’t mind that they haven’t - they will come back eventually!

[quote=Justin Evans]I do find it odd they did the european tour last year without including the UK. I did a quick google and I couldn’t find the european countries they visited but I remember it as being quite a comprehensive tour. I’m genuinely interested to know whether there was a reason why the UK was missed?

Being a fan one of the reasons for joining LPU is to get tickets first and, if we’re incredibly lucky, go to a meet and greet. So you can’t help but be disappointed if they skip your country with no explanation…I was fully expecting/hoping they’d announce extra UK dates…If I’d known they weren’t coming I would have taken a trip to Paris or Berlin or somewhere close to see them…even though I’m less than excited about Living Things.[/quote]

The European tour was solely fesitval gigs, so I’m guessing the reason they didn’t do any UK gig was simply because they couldn’t find any proper festivals to play at.

Of course it sucks when they skip your country, but just be happy that they’ll eventually come to the UK again in a near future, whereas other countries might never get a visit from them. And even though it can be expensive to travel to another country to see them live, there is still that option. I’ve done it a few times when an artist has skipped Denmark but played in Berlin, for example. :slight_smile: