Calling all Tri-State Area LPU Members!

Hey folks, I wanted to make a modest proposal that doesn’t have so much to do with Linkin Park, but would definitely be a great bonding experience for those who love and adore the band as much as I do. For those who are not privy to the Obstacle Course Race (OCR) scene, one of the big names in that industry is Tough Mudder. They create 10 to 12 mile courses to be completed by teams, not for the sake of racing, but for the satisfaction of completing a course and bonding with your team. I personally have not participated in this particular race before, but my brother assures me that it is a great time. This summer, Tough Mudder is hosting Urban Mudder on Randall’s Island. The course is five miles, and loaded with obstacles to test your strength and endurance (for more information, google Urban Mudder).

So why am I bringing this up? I want to put together a team - four people at least - to participate in the race with me. I think it’s a shame that there are so few opportunities for LPU members to meet each other en masse aside from at Meet and Greets and Summits. How inspiring would it be for a bunch of us members to work together to complete the course, united by our love for the band? It’s not a race; there are no medals, no prizes, just a lot of fun, and a lot of sweat. I’m even thinking of designing a team shirt. I have a few ideas in mind, but I’m willing to be democratic and let team members vote on it.

Anyone who is interested can contact me here, or find me on facebook as Jenna Eileen (the black clad, army-crawling brunette Jenna Eileen, because I just found out that there are a bunch of them.)

I’m really hoping we can pull this off. Thanks for reading!