Does Linkin Park help people change their social behaviour?

My time here is short, since I can only use the trial version, but I am curious about one thing. In this time, people can become depressed due to the finacial crisis, but with the help of the music by LP, will people be able to see that there is a lot of things we can do to be a little bit of sunshine in someones life? For example, greeting people you meet, pick up something for someone who accidently dropped it on the street, walking somebody’s dog because he/she isn’t able due to illness, sending a real postcard to wish him/her well, etcetera?

Well, I don’t know if LP helps people to improve their behavior. But maybe you are right. The folks here in the LPU are very nice and friendly. And if you have any question, you’ll always find a soldier, trying to help you. And when I watch an LPTV episode or an LP interview, I’am always impressed about how positive the guys are. They cause happy moods. So maybe you are right [wink]

I can tell you my own personal experience and how LP’s music changed my life, well, literally saved my life. My first daughter was born when i was 15. But she only lived 9 days. Her father was abusive but I married him & dealing with the loss of her i became a drug addict. Cocaine, meth, crack, extasy…and dealing with his abuse pushed me to my ends where I wanted to end my life. I was listening to Crawling one day and everything hit me. I never touched those drugs again. Left the jerk who beat and raped me. Turned my anger and frustration and pain into art and became a tattooist. My life is a million times better today though not where I want to be still. But music, LP’s music touched me when nothing else could. When I felt lost within myself. I wish I could tell them personally how much i am grateful for helping me help myself. And in turn i help others whenever I can.

I think everybody gets their share of luggage in life, speaking for myself: I was in an mentally abusive relationship for 12 years, the second he raised his fist against me, I left, he had reached my limit.I have seen physical abuse all trough my childhood, and when my ex boyfriend threatend me, it was my alarmclock saying it is time to go. It scared me to fall in love again, so I’ve been alone ever since. (8 years now) I didn’t seek refuge in drugs or alcohol. At that time my mother became ill with Alzheimer, relativly young (64), so I had to take care of her, together with one of my brothers. When we couldn’t handle it anymore, and she had to go to an elderlyhome, I decided to change my career and went back to school, to become a care-helper. It paid less then my previous job but I get so much more fullfillment, that I don’t worry about that. The day I had to sign my student/employee contract, my mother died. I wish she could see me now, loving my job, being able to make a difference in someones life, or even just a day. In my job at the elderlyhome I try to remind myself that I am working for people who’ve had normal lives, maybe children, laughter and grief, lust, anger, happiness, like everbody else. I trie to do for them what I think I would want people to do for me when I have Alzheimer, or just not able to care for myself.
It’s good to read that music (in any form) can change people, or just give them comfort. For me: I can loose my anger and frustration in agressive music, I can be touched by music with simmilar feeling to my feeling, or just by the beauty of a lyric or sound of instuments. Besides LP, I love the music of Within Temptation, because of their beautifull lyrics and their fragile or sometimes bombastic music. And a song that really gets me is: Mom, by Chocolate Genius (about Alzheimer). In short: music is my life.

For myself, Linkin Park has never had a “Pavlov’s Dog” effect on me. My life hasn’t been as great as I’d wish it could be, but at the same time there are many LPUers who have obviously gone through a great deal more strife than I have.

When I listen to Linkin Park I don’t feel an urge to do good, or to pay it forward. I do however feel reassured when I listen. There’s a universality in their lyrics, and for me it lets me know that I’m not alone. Whatever situation I’m going through I know there are people out there going through a similar thing, and that if they can get through it so can I.

It’s like an invisible support system for me (hopefully it will be less invisible as I actually start putting my LPU account to use on the forums, XP).

I agree that it’s not LP that changes people, but I hope it will make some people aware of the danger of ignorance and hate through their lyrics, and being a rolemodel for some…

I know I love coming here to meet other people who not only obviously share a love of a band, but also can relate to either a circumstance I have been through or just understand it and want to get to know me. Its awesome finding people who dont judge you. Or people who want to share an obsession with you [mine being tattoos & good zombie and/or vampire movies] lol! :smiley: If you can find inspiration through music to better who you are as a person, I say rock on!

I don’t know if people change their behavior or not… but I’ve seen and i really think LP and there songs really affect people and their thoughts, motivate them in many aspects.
for instance, if you think all the songs they have, we can actually relate them with our life or any point of our life with that. so it’s not about any one but everyone. Inspiration is big thing and their songs provide a lot of it. I’ve to say I’ve learn a lot about life from their songs.
The thing that amuses me most is their attitude, positiveness…
and this place , it’s a big family with a common obsession…

[quote=Alexian Parker]I don’t know if people change their behavior or not… but I’ve seen and i really think LP and there songs really affect people and their thoughts, motivate them in many aspects.
for instance, if you think all the songs they have, we can actually relate them with our life or any point of our life with that. so it’s not about any one but everyone. Inspiration is big thing and their songs provide a lot of it. I’ve to say I’ve learn a lot about life from their songs.
The thing that amuses me most is their attitude, positiveness…
and this place , it’s a big family with a common obsession…

For me all kinda music that touches anything inside of ourselves, is worth to mention in here. Maybe music in general or arts. We have to believe in some types of change, some people are saying that only one cant do anything ( and the music helps em to think so ) others are starting now with little stuff ( having musics back ). If anything of it matters, depends on your ( musical ) point of view.