Experienced meet and greet people!

hey guys :] i just had a quick question. obviously i dont know if i’ll even be picked for a meet and greet, but if i am, i was just wondering, for all you people who have gone to a m&g or two, what kinds of items have you brought or you’ve seen be brought in by someone else to be signed? are they generally small items that are easy to hold on to?

also, how many people were picked for a m&g who were on the floor (GA pit)?

im just wondering because for the MI show for the carnivores tour, i bought floor tix. and the only thing i could really want signed by the guys if i got picked for a m&g is this kids sized guitar that im painting the LP album covers on (because who wouldnt want that to be signed by the band right). and i know it sounds crazy lol. so im just wondering if anyone else had ever brought in a bulkier item, or saw someone else bring one in. i think it would be crazy of me to stand on the floor with a guitar all night lol but hey. itd be worth it, right? :]

thanks in advanced guys!!

I brought my ATS vinyl to get signed and bag to hold it in on the floor during the show. Couldn’t get too close to the front or it would probably get bent or dinged up. I did see people bringing in movie sized mounted posters and full size guitars… they probably had them at their seats during the show

I had gotten picked, but chose not to since I got picked for the “practice” session that was held the day before which also had a M&G.

I know there were a few people with bulkier items, but as long as it’s not a pain to get in or hold up for them to sign, you’ll be okay.

I’d be a little cautious if you’re in the pit, but you should be alright if you stick back a little. Just remember that the M&G is held during the other acts so you likely won’t get to the front right off the bat anyway.

Can you tell me how to get the “access code” !?
I’m trying to buy a m&g package for the show in Montreal, in august…
But I don’t have that code…
Please somebody help me

[quote=SuperTongue]I had gotten picked, but chose not to since I got picked for the “practice” session that was held the day before which also had a M&G.

I know there were a few people with bulkier items, but as long as it’s not a pain to get in or hold up for them to sign, you’ll be okay.

I’d be a little cautious if you’re in the pit, but you should be alright if you stick back a little. Just remember that the M&G is held during the other acts so you likely won’t get to the front right off the bat anyway.[/quote]
haha yeah i figured it would be easier to manage a bigger item if you were sitting down. and yeah, i know all about when the m&g takes place lol. i actually got picked for one on the HCT. and i passed it up because i chose to stay for all of incubus’ set instead of leaving to meet the guys. incubus is one of my most favorite bands and i figured id never be able to see them and LP do a show together again, but i would be able to get another m&g chance. i was devastated for that whole week and a half before my show but afterwards i knew i made the right choice. got barricade for LP’s performance which was a first for me. so worth it. :]

thanks though, guys! this definitely gave me hope lol. im super excited now. all i have to do is just finish painting it and stick a strap on it so i can have it over my shoulder for the show, i guess. :]

Also make sure to check with your venue if they allow guitars in. That’s very important, most if the venue do not allow big and heavy items like that, they’re considered “possible weapons”. Hope this helps:)

Not an easy decision! Especially since you have to carry it around for the rest of the show!

I bought an 8x8 canvas, painted it and had it signed. Excellent pc of art they we’ll have forever!

Another idea I couldn’t work out in time was https://www.makit.com/

I’ve been to three, and I usually try and bring the latest album, or the album they’re touring for.

At the LPU Summit in Camden, though, I had my back signed (around my LP tattoo)

So, how do the M&Gs work. I bought presale tickets… is there an automatic lottery for a M&G, or did I have to do something or buy something additional?

just keep checking the Events page - next to the date of your show - where it says “buy tickets” there is also a M&G tab, once you are able to click on it you can enter the lottery. Then it’s all luck.