Giving A Voice

Linkin Park is a well known for their charitable acts of kindness all over the world and my personal favorite is Chester’s Ink not Mink Campaign for PETA. Considering they are our faviorte idols, and we should all take a leaf from their book now and then, I’m curious how many vegetarian/vegans we have on LPU? I posted a blog called Giving A Voice and I’m inviting any LP’ers who are vegetarian/vegan or interested in becoming one, to come visit, share their story and potentially a recipe or two :slight_smile:

Cutting out animal products was a tough one for me and mainly because I didn’t have the right friends and support group. I’m hoping we can create a little community on here where we can encourage and inspire others who might, like our beloved Linkin Park, take an interest in Giving a Voice to those who don’t have one.

Thanks guys :slight_smile: much love

That’s interesting [smile] I am a vegetarian ( to be precise 100% since birth ! ) and I support your thoughts [cool]

[quote=LPradeepS]That’s interesting [smile] I am a vegetarian ( to be precise 100% since birth ! ) and I support your thoughts [cool]

[quote=Andrus][quote=LPradeepS]That’s interesting [smile] I am a vegetarian ( to be precise 100% since birth ! ) and I support your thoughts [cool]

[quote=LPradeepS]That’s interesting [smile] I am a vegetarian ( to be precise 100% since birth ! ) and I support your thoughts [cool]
[/quote]

im a vegetarian as well people :smiley: for almost 9 years now
i sure did cry when i saw chester doing that for PETA and also saw another video where he was standing up for animals that get skinned alive

chester you are the best

Very nice to meet you guys! I absolutely support vegetarianism/veganism and I am so inspired to hear of people who have cut out meat or - LPradeepS - have never ate it once & proud - amazing :smiley:

I started out as a vegetarian for a year but have now branched into a full vegan for the last 9+ months. And like I said before it wasn’t that easy after 24 years of eating a predominately meat based diet.

You are absolutely correct Andrus: protein is a slow digesting macro-nutrient and is a key component in that ‘full feeling’ which is why it’s important to have protein at every meal - that being said other sources of protein like organic non-GMO soy, beans, 0% fat cottage cheese (vegetarians) also will ‘satisfy’ the crave. As well, high fiber carbs help slow digestion.

But it’s tough! :stuck_out_tongue: you definitely have to do the research and listen to your body…or find friends to help :slight_smile:

[quote=Kristyne]Very nice to meet you guys! I absolutely support vegetarianism/veganism and I am so inspired to hear of people who have cut out meat or - LPradeepS - have never ate it once & proud - amazing :smiley:

I started out as a vegetarian for a year but have now branched into a full vegan for the last 9+ months. And like I said before it wasn’t that easy after 24 years of eating a predominately meat based diet.

You are absolutely correct Andrus: protein is a slow digesting macro-nutrient and is a key component in that ‘full feeling’ which is why it’s important to have protein at every meal - that being said other sources of protein like organic non-GMO soy, beans, 0% fat cottage cheese (vegetarians) also will ‘satisfy’ the crave. As well, high fiber carbs help slow digestion.

But it’s tough! :stuck_out_tongue: you definitely have to do the research and listen to your body…or find friends to help :)[/quote]
Nice to meet you too Kristyne :slight_smile: And ofcourse people find it hard to imagine or accept the fact that I have never eaten meat in my life !!! They curiously ask how could I live without eating it ?! But it isn’t hard as they think because I haven’t eaten and I don’t want when there are enough plant products available which helps me to stay alive without any problem :smiley:

It is nice to hear that people are moving towards vegan life atleast few animals survived from getting hurt ! I have seen many slaughter house videos where animals are being ruthlessly everyday and it is just painful !!! Hope the whole world will become vegan soon !

My veg diet rice, vegetables, fruit, juices and milk and surprisingly i’m alive with that diet :smiley: