Heading to California!

Hello LPUers,

I have good news! I’m going to California in May / June!!! I need you guys to give me some advise on where to go there, where to buy food, which hotels could I stay (not too expensive nor dangerous xD), which places should I visit, etc.

Can you help me pleaaase? :smiley:

What part of California are you going to? I know my way around SoCal a bit (I went 4 years in a row for vacation) but not much of anywhere else…

[quote=Diane Hermes]What part of California are you going to? I know my way around SoCal a bit (I went 4 years in a row for vacation) but not much of anywhere else…
[/quote]

I think we are going to Los Angeles or Santa Barbara… But San Francisco is also in the plans… what do you suggest? :smiley:

[quote=Diane Hermes]What part of California are you going to? I know my way around SoCal a bit (I went 4 years in a row for vacation) but not much of anywhere else…
[/quote]

I think we are going to Los Angeles or Santa Barbara… But San Francisco is also in the plans… what do you suggest? :smiley:

[quote=Tomas Villar]
I think we are going to Los Angeles or Santa Barbara… But San Francisco is also in the plans… what do you suggest? :D[/quote]

Right outside of LAX, there’s a little area called Manhattan Beach - it’s positively beautiful. We always stay in the Residence Inn there, and it’s like 2 minutes away from the beach. No joke.

I live in California, about an hour north of Los Angeles. Santa Barbara is really nice and so is Manhattan Beach. I would definetly visit the beaches if I were you. Huntington Beach has a cool restaurant on the boardwalk. Other than that you have amuesment parks like Disneyland and Magic Mountain. Here is also a link of things to see in Los Angeles :slight_smile:
THings to do in LA…

I’m probably gonna go there too, but something like in July… Btw I have a friend who lives in the San Francisco East Bay, and he says it’s “hella dope”, so I think you’ll find some good stuff to visit in S.Francisco and in the Bay :slight_smile:
Then, I was told LA is great too…
But unluckily I haven’t been there yet, so I cannot tell you anything specific…

I live in Los Angeles! :slight_smile:
You definitely have to come here!
Venice Beach & Santa Monica are really nice places to visit. They have the most for tourists. Hollywood & Disneyland are a must-see as well.
As for food, it depends on what you like. I love Little Tokyo in Downtown LA. There’s lots of good places to eat, and I know a few cool sights and museums to check out as well.
If you go to San Francisco you can visit the Golden Gate Bridge, Chinatown, and the Fisherman’s Pier.
Hope that helps. :slight_smile: