Hunting Party worry

Having been a fan of LP since 2002, I have supported them through all their musical styles and reinventions. Hearing them come back to their hard rock roots made me even more excited for the new album… but…

After hearing the first two singles and now a preview of “Wastelands” I am very worried about the new album. Primarily the mixing of vocals with the rest of the music. It just sounds off to me; like they are each separate tracks that happened to be playing at the same time. The vocals and music should be blended together much better than they currently are. The vocals are simply placed ontop of the music and it drives me nuts… I can barely listen to “Guilty All the Same” because of this.

I am not sure if this will make sense, but can anyone else understand where I’m coming from?

I totally understand you,

Guilty all the same is an massive awesome track, and that song it all fits perfectly together,

Until it´s gone is also an awesome track, but the vocals feel after hearing it many times like they were ontop, and now with the preview of wastelands, I´m also a bit worried of the rest of the album.

What makes me more worried is the live perfomance, because what I´ve seen via Video on youtube on the KMFA Day didn´t look well in case of perfomaning the new songs, espeacially Guilty all the same, where I hoped that Linkin Park would bring a heavy live perfomance, but the mobile phone camera isn´t the best camera so I hope for Rock im Park where I attend they bring this awesome Live Show, and perform the new songs in the best way possible.

Honestly I feel LP is doing awesome. I am not saying for the sake but by looking back their previous albums, live performances, numerous interviews, collaborations etc. I have noticed lot of haters recently just because their new album doesn’t sound like HT ! What ? LP is not there to make music of our choice. They are learners and create new sounds which they find satisfying.

If THP will not be successful(not going to happen :D) then LP is not going to sit and cry. They just move on, learn from their mistakes and make more music.

Guilty all the same is awesome. But Until it’s gone did not impress much but ok. Now Wastelands will be awesome since I was waiting for Mike’s rap is back, finally.

One thing, when you listen to ATS or LT or MTM, you have to listen to them as if they are not at all related and keep their other albums out of your head.

After hearing the preview of Wastelands, I too am a little worried. The drums sound so distorted and over exposed and the vocals seem to not mix at all. Haven’t been a huge fan of the stuff I’ve heard so far. Guess it feels like a sort of a step back to me? Especially since the band had said they were finally where they wanted to be with Living Things. So naturally I’m concerned. That being said, they definitely know what they’re doing, and are definitely a band I trust. Hopefully I’ll be pleasantly surprised, or warm up to the tracks. Guess we’ll see how we go.

In fact, I even somehow do not notice this.[confused]
Maybe just one such song came out)) And the others do not sound
By the way, someone here said that THP may not be particularly successful album, LP is not really worried, more importantly to their fans happy with the music, the rest is not important. they write albums not for the fact that they became commercially successful…
And that’s why I think they will not be disappointed)) And I certainly do not consider it a mistake that should be corrected. They write what they like.

Having just listened to the whole of Wastelands, I’m a lot more confident. The song is freaking amazing! Still sounds like something is wrong with the mix, but oh my gosh it’s amazing!

[quote=Aptermus]Having just listened to the whole of Wastelands, I’m a lot more confident. The song is freaking amazing! Still sounds like something is wrong with the mix, but oh my gosh it’s amazing!
[/quote]

You heard at the end of this song drum beats?)) As if the march…[confused] I liked hell are!)))

With EVERY new LP album I’m concerned I could not like it. I think the best album so far was A Thousand Suns. Difficult to top this album! So the bar was very high! Than with Living Things I wasn’t too happy with it. There are good songs, but somehow I didn’t liked the electronic elements. Recharged was indeed the first LP (remix) album, that I didn’t bought.

But back to The Hunting Party: As I heard that LP stand back from the electronic stuff and I listened to the first songs, my worries were blown away. Someone wrote the drums sounds distorted or the mixing wouldn’t be good. That’s too technical for me. Honestly I don’t know what you are talking about… haha. I just can say that I like the new songs :slight_smile:

[quote=Shoegaze4u]With EVERY new LP album I’m concerned I could not like it. I think the best album so far was A Thousand Suns. Difficult to top this album! So the bar was very high! Than with Living Things I wasn’t too happy with it. There are good songs, but somehow I didn’t liked the electronic elements. Recharged was indeed the first LP (remix) album, that I didn’t bought.

But back to The Hunting Party: As I heard that LP stand back from the electronic stuff and I listened to the first songs, my worries were blown away. Someone wrote the drums sounds distorted or the mixing wouldn’t be good. That’s too technical for me. Honestly I don’t know what you are talking about… haha. I just can say that I like the new songs :slight_smile:

i was honestly quite worried when i heard Guilty All The Same because it did sound a little scattered in terms of their beat, but I still learned to love it. I personally thought Until Its Gone was a fantastic song but we all have different opinions. Now that Wastelands is out im actually quite hopeful for the rest of the album.

I was really worried about what this album will sound like, but then again i worry about every new album because im always afraid that im not going to like it. But then i just have to remember that Linkin Park has never disappointed me yet. Im quite satisfied with these songs and yes there is still that worry inside me, but until the album is released, im not going to bring myself down about it :slight_smile: