iHeartRadio Response

Dunno if anyone from the band is going to see this but who cares? I would like to say that I watched LP’s wonderful set tonight on iHeartRadio online. It was awesome. I’m actually impressed, and kinda proud, at how they condensed all the songs so they could include what they did. I loved it, and I know many others did as well. But, seeing what I did. I feel compelled to apologize for the Las Vegas crowd they had to perform for.

That was ridiculous! They wouldn’t even sing along, and when they did it was just barely! Granted it could have just been because no one knew them, but I feel like LP wasn’t very known or cared for. Which is upsetting.

I don’t know what I’m getting at exactly. But seeing the look on Mike’s face when he realized they wouldn’t sing back, meaning the crowd SUCKED, I felt really bad. And Chester noticed it too. And the others, I’m sure. I hope they don’t feel too bad about it, especially because this was their first iHeartRadio.

I totally agree with you, i get it was a mixed crowd but come on they played their most popular songs i know that some of them had to recognized i feel so angry with that crowd

I agree too! I was yelling/singing/dancing in my undies in my office at my computer. My husband is immune to said behavior, but he enjoyed their set too! They did a great job! It seemed to me that they played longer than most of the other bands too! I was so excited at their set list and loved it! They were awesome!

did u see what they did with Green Day ?

check this out

[quote=Bajtak]did u see what they did with Green Day ?

check this out
[/quote]

I’m not saying that it was ok, to cut Greenday’s set from 45 down to 30 minutes. But that’s no excuse for Billie Joe’s “fucking” behavior. If he would have stopped his performance with a critical statement, everything would be ok. But he acted like a stubborn 10 year old brat, who doesn’t want to share his sandbox with other kids. “'I’am not Bieber!” In fact, because that boy probably take himself less important.

That was an embarrassing performance from Billie Joe. He definately should stay away from drugs.

Well it’s all only a radio crap crowd, and really, who listens to the radio anymore? I personally can’t stand the radio. That being said though, I never saw it. I’m on the East Coast and was fast asleep. :confused:

Honestly Linkin Park plays to 10,000-20,000 people on a daily basis throughout the world and is one of the biggest bands in the world. At one point they played shows to 50-100 people struggling to make it, so I think one show like that wont hurt their morale too much

Wow that is INSANE! Honestly tho Green Day does deserve A LITTLE more respect than what was shown. I can understand his passion - someone took what he loves, for so many years, his heart and soul and chopped it, basically cut it down, and insulted absolutely every fiber in his body. I would be completely LIVID too. And what we saw was his raw emotion completely erupting - professional? Meh, no – but it’s Billie Joe and it wouldn’t be Green Day without that reaction! Good on him. He was pissed and he let it be known…it was unprofessional on iHeartRadio’s part - I wonder how often this kind of thing happens & most other bands just keep quiet?

What if our beloved LP was cut set time? Basically spitting right into their faces…WE WOULD RIOT! And we would hope that LP wouldn’t just ‘go quietly’ – you know Chester would say something…he might not ‘Billie Joe’ but he would definitely ‘Chester’…

Anyways, the music industry is cut throat and I respect anyone who stands up when insulted. Can’t wait for the public apology later – hope there isn’t one…

I agree with you, pretty much. I almost never listen to the radio, except when my MP3 player is dead, or the drive is too short to even bother turning it on.

I understand. I’m sure they haven’t forgotten their early days of struggling to make it. But even so, I can imagine how upsetting it would be to be excited for a show, play radio singles you would think people, who are not LP fans, would have at least heard enough to maybe sing “Na na na na” to at the end with the band helping them along. Maybe that’s just my loyalty speaking, but… I don’t think they will get as upset as Billie Joe, but at the very least you could see their disappointment. And that’s upsetting to me as a fan regardless.

[quote]I’m not saying that it was ok, to cut Greenday’s set from 45 down to 30 minutes. But that’s no excuse for Billie Joe’s “fucking” behavior. If he would have stopped his performance with a critical statement, everything would be ok. But he acted like a stubborn 10 year old brat, who doesn’t want to share his sandbox with other kids. “I am not Bieber!” In fact, because that boy probably take himself less important.

That was an embarrassing performance from Billie Joe. He definately should stay away from drugs.[/quote]
I agree and disagree. Something critical would have been more effective to the iHeartRadio people, probably. But in the heat of the moment, with a personality like his (not that I know it very well; not a fan of GD), it’s most likely hard to come up with something critical when cursing is so satisfying. On the other hand, his point may have gotten across thanks to the cursing, even if nothing is done about it.

yeah,the crowd really SUCKED!and Billie Joe was seriously pissed,thank god that didint happen to LP, Theyareboth really great bands…

[quote=Shoegaze4u][quote=Bajtak]did u see what they did with Green Day ?

check this out
[/quote]

I’m not saying that it was ok, to cut Greenday’s set from 45 down to 30 minutes. But that’s no excuse for Billie Joe’s “fucking” behavior. If he would have stopped his performance with a critical statement, everything would be ok. But he acted like a stubborn 10 year old brat, who doesn’t want to share his sandbox with other kids. “'I’am not Bieber!” In fact, because that boy probably take himself less important.

That was an embarrassing performance from Billie Joe. He definately should stay away from drugs.

I’d expect the intro the Wth>you…" COME ONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN"

Fuck yea…haha

Absolutey! We need to remember that they all do this for the fans - and shockingly enough there were some people rocking out to Green Day at the iHeart (most of the crowd was dead from the neck up) but there were some fans - not to mention likely people streaming like we were all doing. It’s the fans that lose when set times are cut and Billie Joe is as loyal to his fans as they are to him…over the top, yes but that’s his way.

And I’m confident LP would stand up for us if they were cut too…thank God that didn’t happen…

Still it’s disappointing to see our RockGods performing for a lame crowd when they could be performing for people like us :wink: that truly love them…that crowd was lucky and should have appreciated seeing Linkin Park because there are hundreds of us that would have died to be there.

Unfortunately, it appears he does. Per Green Day’s own website, the band’s set wasn’t cut short, and Billy Joe is headed to rehab.

As for LP, considering they followed Taylor Swift on stage, I’m sure they knew what they were getting themselves into! [mrgreen]

Ugh, when they wouldnt sing along…That’s painful! I like Mike’s sarcastic snap back at em. Hell yea Mike

[quote=Bajtak]did u see what they did with Green Day ?

check this out

[quote=imsiobhan][quote=LOstandVictIMIZEDLP]
Lol i agree and disagree but Billie Joe doesnt do drugs anymore…
[/quote]

Unfortunately, it appears he does. Per Green Day’s own website, the band’s set wasn’t cut short, and Billy Joe is headed to rehab.

As for LP, considering they followed Taylor Swift on stage, I’m sure they knew what they were getting themselves into! [mrgreen]

[/quote]

There was speculation that the rehab quote was just a cover up by Green Day’s label for his behavior. Too much of a financial risk to have their money maker ‘speaking out of line’ like that…

[quote=Kristyne][quote=imsiobhan][quote=LOstandVictIMIZEDLP]
Lol i agree and disagree but Billie Joe doesnt do drugs anymore…
[/quote]

Unfortunately, it appears he does. Per Green Day's own website, the band's set wasn't cut short, and Billy Joe is headed to rehab.

As for LP, considering they followed Taylor Swift on stage, I'm sure they knew what they were getting themselves into! [mrgreen]

[quote=Kristyne]
There was speculation that the rehab quote was just a cover up by Green Day’s label for his behavior. Too much of a financial risk to have their money maker ‘speaking out of line’ like that…[/quote]

I don’t know. I haven’t followed Green Day since the Dookie days, so I can’t comment on Billie Joe’s antics-or-lack-thereof, but it strikes me as highly unlikely that a record label would “send” him to fake rehab two days before Green Day’s new album drops. He’s hardly the first rock star to have a diva moment. (And as far as rock star diva moments go, that one was pretty tame, IMO!)

But anyway, back to Linkin Park! [biggrin] Mike certainly looked like he was having a grand ol’ time, even if the crowd was a little blah. I know a couple people from this site were at the show. Has anybody heard anything from them about what the crowd was like in-person?