I'm a new member - Long-time fan of LP

First, let me say that the idea of LPU isn’t that new to me. I first heard about it in one of the bonus videos that came with Meteora. Didn’t think much of it at the time though.

Anyways, back to the beginning. I first heard of Linkin Park in September of 2001 when I was eight years old. My older brother showed me the song Crawling using the internet. Didn’t think that much of them at the time. A few months later (at age 9) I heard In the End, Papercut, and One Step Closer as well. Around that time my brother got a copy of Hybrid Theory, which he later copied for me (I later bought my own copy).

That album really annoyed my mother quite a bit, and that made me love it even more. Fast forward two years and I got Meteora. I loved that album just as much as I loved the one before. Later on I would discover the elusive Hybrid Theory EP, and sought after the songs.

After a while I grew tired of the group, although every so often I would listen to the albums I had up to that point.
Hybrid Theory
Reanimation
Meteora
Somewhere I Belong (single)
Live In Texas
A fake copy of Hybrid Theory EP (now lost, but I still have the songs)

During this time I actually branched out a bit. Eventually my favorite band was Evanescence (Still love them actually). Then in 2007 (age 14) I discovered Minutes to Midnight. I was told that the album would be different than what I was used to. Once I listened What I’ve Done, I knew that I was going to love the album. It was around this time that I became interested in LPU. I bought a few packages and CDs online during this time (3, 5, 6, and 7),

Two years ago I was really excited for A Thousand Suns. At first I wasn’t so sure what to think of the electronic sound that they were using, but then I realized that it fit quite well. I really love that album too.

Glad to finally be a member now. I don’t always listen to LP now, having discovered other bands. Still, I will always be a fan of theirs.

Welcome to LPU11~ :smiley:

Thank you so much.