Indy Review and M&G Experience

To begin, it was the best night of my life hands down. But here’s my story.

I found out just a few days ago i was selected for a Meet and Greet with the band. Basically, i was the most excited person in the world. To be able to see them was amazing, but meet them was a complettion of my life. I can die happy. But when i got to the center, i had to empty my pockets for the pat-down. When i got in the gate i started putting stuff back. As my buddy and i are walking, im shoving stuff in my pockets and we come up to go to our seats. I notice something was missing. MY TICKET! i began freaking out. I was in the first few rows of the stage and i needed it to meet the band also. My friend’s telling me calm down we’ll just backtrack.

We start backtracking and im beginning to lose all hope the further back we go. I tell him “Bro it’s over.” He points down, and there it is. LIke gold in a river, my ticket was on the ground just inside the gate… Talk about a heart attack. i Grab it and didn’t lose sight of it the rest of the night up until the meet and greet.

Once we got to the meet and greet, i began getting more and more excited. I had my Living Things CD at the ready. Once we got backstage it began sinking in. I’ve never won anything in my life, never met a celebrity or anyone famous for that matter. But to meet my all time favorite band was just so unreal. They came out and did the group photo. We got in a line and they started signing everyones stuff. We weren’t allowed to hug them for good reason, illness could spread… But, I got to talk to Mike and Chester. I asked them if they’ve ever played in an Aircraft hanger. Chester stops and says no i don’t think we have. He began explaining how he didn’t know if the acustics and structure of the building would work. But he said it’d be awesome to try since i brought it up. I told him I was out of an Air Force base just north of the Music Center. Chester said he’d love to do it and he’d keep it in mind and remember that. Mike was also stopped and began asking ME questions. (I’m pretty sure everyone further down was getting a little impatient but we were just talking and that’s what it was lt all about.) He asked how long i was in and stuff along those lines. Then the next thing i know Chester reached over Mike (Who was in the imiddle of signing something) and shook my hand. And i hope he comes to my base to rock out the AIR FORCE in LP Fasion.

It wasn’t much, but it was everything i ever dreamed of. Pictures, autographs, and the hand shake was all i wanted. Ever since i was 8 i can remember listening to these guys. Then i started growing up and understanding their music more and not just their sound. It was a dream come true…

The concert was amazing, just like the night before in Tinley Park! We rocked out and for what is now the third day in a row for me not having my voice… Absoutley no complaints.

Great experience. I didn’t get a group photo because they were running late, but it was still amazing. Read my experience http://lpunderground.com/forum/the_underground/2074243

Sounds like you had fun.

Congratulations Nick!

I hope I’ll meet them too.

They are my favorite band in this world!

Great story! i hope my eperience is a great as yours! and you are lucky to have a friend like that… he didnt give up. he calmed you down and accumpanied you at the best day of your life! :slight_smile:

[quote=VictoriaCortez]Great story! i hope my eperience is a great as yours! and you are lucky to have a friend like that… he didnt give up. he calmed you down and accumpanied you at the best day of your life! :slight_smile:

[quote=Derek]Sounds like you had fun.