Newspaper column on Chester: His loss still stings, but he continues to carry fans through troubling times

I’m a sports writer in Louisiana, and a longtime LPU member. I journeyed away from sports today, on Chester’s birthday (also mine). His loss still stings, and proves how powerful music can be.
https://www.shreveporttimes.com/story/entertainment/music/2018/03/20/chester-bennington-linkin-park-music-means-everything-suicide-depression/440783002/

Thanks for posting, really enjoyed reading it.

Nice article!thanks for talking about him…and btw happy birthday!! :sun_with_face:

Beautifully written! I specially loved this: “Chester Bennington chased away demons for millions of fans, but couldn’t shake his own.” Thank you for sharing. I hope that you have a happy birthday and celebrate for both you and Chester

Enjoyed your article. Music has been my friend since I was a child, just listening to the music and lyrics - I don’t sing or play either. Happy belated birthday! My wedding anniversary is also March 20th. Who cares if one more light goes out? Well I do (too).