There’s a few things I want to get through in this post.
Firstly is Banshee’s face transplant, it worked, but now it looks even more messed up than before. But then again, I don’t care about how it looks as long as it works. Along with the new face I fashioned an internal bumper out of a PVC pipe. So now when there’s a frontal impact that the proper front bumper can’t block, the body doesn’t bend back since the PVC pipe rests on the front body posts. The pipe also serves as a loom channel for the LED wires. Speaking of wires, wire length is now up from 15.10 m to 16.46 m! The inside of the bodyshell is a mess of gorilla tape.
The second thing I want to get onto is a damage report.
I somehow managed to completely obliterate one of the bearings in my rear left hub. I first noticed that something was off when I saw considerable play in the wheel. At first I thought it was the nut coming loose again, but it was fine. Only when I took it apart did I see what had actually happened. This breakage wasn’t even my fault, hub bearings are generally put under a lot of strain, it was only a matter of time before it went. Also this one is the one that came on the truck from day 1, it hasn’t been changed. Luckily the ones I salvaged from my rim recently were the same size so I had spares.
The third is a post run report, I took Banshee out again yesterday. In the bone dry (when the tyres had some serious grip) I noticed that I still had COG issues when I threw it into a corner too hard, but that was my fault, the truck performed pretty well. There were however a fair few crashes, and some of them were my biggest yet, with a lot of flipping. The best part is that nothing broke. Only my voltage regulator de-glued itself from its initially dodgy mount in one of the crashes. I’ll probably find a way to screw it onto the receiver box.
This gif continues from the one above.
Staircase jumpy Fail. This was my biggest crash of the day, it managed to dislodge my battery and ESC from their velcro mounts as well as de-glue my regulator. Nothing broke though.
The final thing I wanted to talk about was the new section of the site that I’m working on. Since I’m going to be studying for exams, I won’t really have time to work on it in the coming weeks so I might as well reveal what it was. I’m doing a section on my stomping ground. Sort of like a tour around the park where I do most of my testing. The sneak preview thing I gave the other day is the path outline. The section will go ahead, but I’m delaying it.
Here’s another teaser.