So, Camazotz is out of commission…again. I have absolutely had it with this buggy, today was its record up-time, it survived for a whopping 4 battery packs! (Note my sarcasm). I blew another MOSFET, this time it was partly my fault, but it should not have happened at all. I wanted to get a voltage reading across the motor at full throttle, so I kept it at full throttle for 5-6 secs with no load (I even took the wheels off) and the MOSFET just went up in a puff of smoke.
Now, I can replace the MOSFET (I have spares), but I also started having handling issues where it would oversteer to the left to the point of it spinning out immediately when I turned the wheel even slightly, yet it would understeer like a pig when I turned right. I tried adjusting what little suspension geometry there is and saw no difference.
I’m in all likeliness going to sell it after I repair it. Some other poor soul can deal with it. So this is probably the last PRR for Camazotz that you’ll see.
I drew out another track today since the thunderstorm washed away my last one. This layout turned out to be rubbish as it was too twisty for the buggy to be able to handle, yesterday’s layout was miles better and more fun. I tried drawing on bypasses, but it became a mess of a track. Also the car was packed full of chalk and even my foam tyres started losing grip because they were full of chalk. I washed them out, but they just re-accumulated it again.
Here are a couple of gifs, my performance on this track was horrid, even after about an hour of running.