Question: How do you post a picture on a forum?

Hi everyone, I’m new here and I don’t know how to post a picture in the blog or forum. Can anybody help me please?

Have you tried clicking on Manage account and see if its there? thats how most figure out how to change or add things :).

Hi,

I think it depends on the link you use. I use a german upload service that returns a thumbnail link, a forum link and a direct link. I never tried to use the forum link, because it doesn’t work every time, so I just copy the direct link into the clipboard and click on the ‘picture’-icon in the menu row, over the textfield. Then I paste the direct link, click okay and it’s done.
I think it’s important, to use the direct link to the object, to a page where you only see the picture and nothing else. So try to not use the normal link that’s given via imageshack, get the graphics adress and then it should work.

This is a test to see if it works

[quote=Jats]Hi,

I think it depends on the link you use. I use a german upload service that returns a thumbnail link, a forum link and a direct link. I never tried to use the forum link, because it doesn’t work every time, so I just copy the direct link into the clipboard and click on the ‘picture’-icon in the menu row, over the textfield. Then I paste the direct link, click okay and it’s done.
I think it’s important, to use the direct link to the object, to a page where you only see the picture and nothing else. So try to not use the normal link that’s given via imageshack, get the graphics adress and then it should work.

I can’t work out how to add a picture to a post either. I tried to use the button at the top of the comment box but my picture didn’t show.

if you go into “profile” then itll say forum signiture, you put the link of the photo you want it to be in there in between [img and /img] (with the other brackets) but it can only be from the internet :slight_smile:

To post a picture in the forum, you just need to clic the button that seems a picture(?).

Like Jats already said, if the image isn’t from the internet, then you need to upload it to get the url. That’s the only way it works.

You can also use the BBcodes to post the image. Read this:

[quote]Adding an image to a post
phpBB BBCode incorporates a tag for including images in your posts. Two very important things to remember when using this tag are: many users do not appreciate lots of images being shown in posts and secondly the image you display must already be available on the internet (it cannot exist only on your computer for example, unless you run a webserver!). To display an image you must surround the URL pointing to the image with tags. For example:

[/quote]

this forum helps me!
thank you Paneska

you need to use the img codes to be able to add an image on a forum

[img ]+insert url of image+[/img+]

remove the + and remove the space between the g and the ] symbol
and there you go
in between the img tags you put in the direct url of the image