Real Talk: Hybrid Theory

Nearing a month late, here’s the next “week” of Real Talk, this time for Hybrid Theory. There really isn’t much to say before this, everyone here has heard the album and has different thoughts on it, so let’s begin!

Discussion isn’t limited to just the music on the album itself, it can be it’s promotion, artwork, music videos, or anything else linking to the album.

##What Should the Next “Real Talk” Topic Discuss?
These don’t have to be only about albums, it could be anything, but albums seem like the easiest thing to discuss. I feel we shouldn’t make topics about demo releases, single songs, or live albums, though.

• Reanimation
  • Meteora
  • Collision Course
  • Minutes to Midnight
  • A Thousand Suns
  • Living Things
  • The Hunting Party
  • Something else? (reply with answer)

0 voters

##Past “Real Talk” Discussions

Real Talk: Minutes to Midnight
Real Talk: A Thousand Suns
Real Talk: Reanimation

There’s not much to say about this album, it’s pretty much a Nu metal classic and has some badass songs on it and all the rest. However, I would like to say that I’m completely fed of of POA because I’ve heard way too many versions of it (the LPU 12 one is best for me). Also Papercut is a slightly weak song for me. CFTI doesn’t really need to be there either.

I don’t have a lot to say about this album either. I do remember some things from when it first came out, but I was young and didn’t understand the whole concept of music yet but I’ve been told I’ve said some pretty funny things about this album :stuck_out_tongue:

Best debut of the 00s for sure, it’s fresh and powerful. I love the music videos, they’re real, like not the story telling types of MVs we get nowadays (does that make sense?).
I still don’t understand why people love Crawling so much and how it won a Grammy. I think it’s the worst song on the album and one of the worst in their entire catalogue.

I would like to discuss RECHARGED :stuck_out_tongue:

cough week 1 cough

Hybrid Theory is Hybrid Theory
The album as a whole is great
Apart for ACFTI there isn’t a song on there that I would skip

It’s my favorite album, and it’s come to a point that I don’t think I can really create a decent review of it since I’ve listened to it so much. I really like pretty much every song, if you count the bonus songs, My December is probably my least favorite. If you don’t count them, I really don’t know what I would say is my least favorite.

I actually love Cure for the Itch, which seems to be an uncommon opinion. I really like Crawling, too, but recently the hook (going by what Genius.com refers to it as, I’m not good with song terminology) has gotten to me and makes my not want to listen to it as much. Maybe it’s all the jokes on the Internet slowly getting to me

Favorite song would probably be In the End, or High Voltage if it counts. I feel like High Voltage perfectly defines what Hybrid Theory, and Linkin Park itself, is all about, and really wish it was on the normal album.

Some other discussion I feel we could have since we don’t have much to say is what @the_termin8r kinda touched on with Points of Authority is demos, since Hybrid Theory has tons of them. Is there any songs that you guys think were better in their demo forms?

I really liked all the extra rapping that was on the demos (Crawling, Points of Authority, In the End). In the End’s demo is amazing, I’m not sure if I like the demo more or the final version

That’s actually a really nice description (not sure if it’s the best word) of the album.

High Voltage is indeed a very good example of what the band represents and tries to do, you put it very nicely.

Demos huh? It’s always interesting to see how the songs evolved and became what they are today, I think if I had to choose one for HT, it’d be Esaul.

This happens to me when i buy a CD :disappointed:

Listening to it too much, or the Internet making fun of it?

Usually the first. I get so hyped about an album that I listen to it way too much on YT before I buy it and then when I do it’s like ‘meh’ Which is a shame really. I have to wait ages before I can listen to it again.