'Rhyme Search Engine'

Hi everyone,

I just saw the new LPTV episode and recognized a kind of ‘Rhyme Engine’ Mike seems to use when he creates his raps. You can see it at 24 seconds in the video, I also took a screenshot of it:

In this scene, you can see that Mike is searching for things that rhyme with the word ‘faster’, so this page seems to be something like a search engine for rhymes and synonyms. The reason why I post this, might be obvious.

Does anyone else think, that this seems kind of weird ?
I mean…Mike is a very great rapper, but I somehow…not expected, that he uses help for his rhymes, I thought it all would appear like…from the top of his head, you know ?
It’s not that bad, but I still wondered a bit and well…

let’s hear what you think about this [biggrin]

Best regards,
Jats

Well, its kinda weird xD
But I don’t think he needed this engine for all of the rhymes. You know, sometimes is difficult to think in words who rhyme AND make sense.
English is not my first language and I like to make some lyrics in english, so sometimes I google some rhymes (:

You know, when you have something in mind that really fits in but you see that isn’t exactly the thing you need a new idea, you may get blocked sometimes.

Haha that’s http://www.rhymezone.com/. I use it too to help me write my poems and sonnets for my honors english class [biggrin]

Exactly! We know what we mean, but don’t know how

I don’t think it’s weird, i think he either goes to that rhyme search engine or talks with the other guys for better words. even in the 2010 LPTV in Chester’s Lullaby he’s talking to chaz and looking in the thesaurus. But its only small word it’s not like he gets all his verses from the dictionary.

Not weird at all. Just because he wrote a rap verse or some lyrics it doesn’t mean he can make it better by just sitting there thinking of different words that fit. This app is kinda like a dictionary. Not bad at all.
And they also use books to help them with lyric writing. You can see a bunch of those on the making of MTM.

[quote=EvoOba]Not weird at all. Just because he wrote a rap verse or some lyrics it doesn’t mean he can make it better by just sitting there thinking of different words that fit. This app is kinda like a dictionary. Not bad at all.
And they also use books to help them with lyric writing. You can see a bunch of those on the making of MTM.
[/quote]

Wow, I didn’t know about the books.
Well, I can imagine, that you need to increase your vocabulary by looking words up in dictionaries and so on, but it just seemed a bit weird to me, when a rapper is doing this. I just…kinda expected Mike to be more spontanious, but of course I can imagine how it’s like to be searching for different words that rhyme better than another one.

I might just have had a wrong idea of what it’s like to write lyrics, even though I do it myself… ^^

[quote=Jats][quote=EvoOba]Not weird at all. Just because he wrote a rap verse or some lyrics it doesn’t mean he can make it better by just sitting there thinking of different words that fit. This app is kinda like a dictionary. Not bad at all.
[/quote]

Wow, I didn’t know about the books.
Well, I can imagine, that you need to increase your vocabulary by looking words up in dictionaries and so on, but it just seemed a bit weird to me, when a rapper is doing this. I just…kinda expected Mike to be more spontanious, but of course I can imagine how it’s like to be searching for different words that rhyme better than another one.

I might just have had a wrong idea of what it’s like to write lyrics, even though I do it myself… ^^

That sounds pretty normal to me. I have to write a lot professionally and I’m searching quite often for synonymous words. If you do so, that doesn’t mean you are not creative or something like that. Far from it!

Everyone uses a more or less limited vocabulary. And if you want to make your text more diversified and interesting, you have to revise your words until every sentence is just perfect. We all love LP lyrics, so they create them on a proper way :slight_smile: