Saving up for LPU Summit!

[i]Hey guys, new guy here :stuck_out_tongue: Just joined up today and I’m soooo happy! Thing is though, I really want to go to the LPU Summit for my first time, although there are some complications: 1. Money- flat broke :confused: 2. Location- no idea where its being held 3. Nevous-I’ve never left the country and I’m a bit…well, nervous :confused:

If anyone have some advice for me, I’d really appreciate it.

-Kris[/i]

Hey Kris (I’m also a Kris :P)
I am in the same boat as you - never been to an LPU Summit but definitely planning on the next one! Where are you from? How far are you willing to travel? (these are just questions I’m asking myself too, haha)

Nice to meet you and enjoy LPU

All you need to do is start saving money for the summit. Thats it. We dont know where the next one will be, but it was awesome this year and something you must do. I will be at the next one to. No need to be nervous, we will all talk and set things up for it just like we did this year. Just get the money so you can go when we know where it is going to be lol

Nice to meet you guys. Glad I’m not alone in this situation. I’m from the U.S. to be more specific, from Ohio. And I’m willing to go as far as I can to meet the band and awesome people who loves LP just as much as I do, such as yourselves. I’m just worried that I might not be able to save up enough in time if it’s coming soon. My job is really hit or miss.

Same. I missed the London summit but would love to go to one! Can’t wait for the next one to be announced :slight_smile:

Same here. I’m not sure but I did a bit of searching and I found a summit for Camden, New Jersey, but I’m not sure if it already happened or the upcoming summit. Anyone know about this?

[quote=Kristopher Folden]Same here. I’m not sure but I did a bit of searching and I found a summit for Camden, New Jersey, but I’m not sure if it already happened or the upcoming summit. Anyone know about this?[/quote]It was August 17th. It was a good time.

First, the LPU summit for this year occurred earlier this summer. It was in New Jersey. I couldn’t go and haven’t ever been able to go. Unfortunately it isn’t as easy as just savin money. The problem is all the arrangements you have to make. I mean an airplane ticket, a hotel to crash at, tickets to the summit, and the LPU membership. For every summit that I might have been able to go to, all three of these items were a requirement, even with NJ. Do the math and you could be talkin about a lot of money going out. Even if you have the ability to drive, it’s still super expensive. I, like you, just do not have that kinda cash floatin around. As far as leaving the country, just don’t be stupid, don’t do things like travel alone if ya don’t already know where you are going.

Yeah if the summit is out of the country I wouldnt be making it, it has to be in the states anywhere and I will go. If not out of country for someone, its not that expensive, being a member, jump right on and get the 50 dollar pass, and get a cheap hotel and drive or a cheap flight, not too bad at all, now out of country, big big costs and issues.

Well I’ll be going to the next Summit in the States for sure. Don’t have the money currently to travel out of the country. LP will probably do a couple Summits overseas before doing one again in the US. When it does make its way back to the US it’ll probably be on the west coast or more towards the middle of the states. Where ever it is I’m just gonna drive there and then sleep in my car. Gotta save money. I know, I’m a cheap bastard lol

HOLDEN!!!

What did I tell you? Jason & I are gonna adopt you for the next summit! None of this sleeping in your car BS ok?!?!

SMH!!!

I would love to see another summit in the US. I would also love to travel to another country for one but time will only tell when the next one is announced! But yes get the $60 membership… But wait until November when the LPU 12 is released!

I would love to attend one!

I whish a LPU Summit here in Brazil…

[quote=Irene_]HOLDEN!!!

What did I tell you? Jason & I are gonna adopt you for the next summit! None of this sleeping in your car BS ok?!?!

SMH!!! [/quote]
Haha I don’t want to be a nuisance to you guys though = P

[quote=Holden]Well I’ll be going to the next Summit in the States for sure. Don’t have the money currently to travel out of the country. LP will probably do a couple Summits overseas before doing one again in the US. When it does make its way back to the US it’ll probably be on the west coast or more towards the middle of the states. Where ever it is I’m just gonna drive there and then sleep in my car. Gotta save money. I know, I’m a cheap bastard lol
[/quote]

…or Canada :slight_smile: we’re not too far of a travel

i would like to go to another as well, but like someone said ^^^ prob wont do another in the US for a little while. I met alot of cool people, many of which have commented on this post! irene, trinity, holden

to continue on from my post ^ irene, we chatted on instagram and stuff, it was nice to finally meet her.
trinity, i got to sign the awesome flag many contributed to he brought, and we talked, cool dude. and holden, me him and another kid whos name escapes me, we were next to each other getting our stuff signed. its cool to talk to another LP fan closer to my age. but nonetheless everyone was cool and it would be awesome to talk/meet all you again!

HOLDEN! Shut the eff up! I wouldn’t have offered if I thought you were gonna be a nuissance… And by the rate of things, we will probably end up adopting you before the next summit happens!

Irene

Alex! Dude how awesome is it to be on Sean’s instagram as often as we are? Highlight of the tour was that my Summit name tag ended up on the PRS after my photo op and then Sean put it on his guitar vault… I didn’t know until 6 days after the summit. My nametag lasted until my last stop in LA! 15/19 stops not bad haha!!! It was awesome meeting all the people I’ve been talking to on here, twitter, & Instagram. It was even more awesome when all these people that I didn’t know or talk to knew me from my tattoo or my forum posts.

LPU you rock!!!

Irene

Those traveling to a summit on a budget should just consider a few of these options:

1. You’re going to an LPU sponsored event, with a board full of LPU’ers who are probably in the same boat as you are. Maybe consider meeting a few of them and splitting a hotel.

2. Hostel…Cheapest part of my Eurotrip when I went traveling an pretty awesome for meeting new and interesting people

3. Shop at the market for food so you’re not spending 5$ on a frap when that can be your entire dinner.

Really you can keep things cheap if you look…The most expensive thing is going to be your plane ticket!

I’m just hoping they come to Canada haha, it’s a bitch of a drive but the highways here are pretty good :slight_smile:

If it is in canada, Irene, Jason, Holden and I can all save up and take the trip, if its in the states we can all save up and make the trip, if its in another country we can all save up and TAKE THE FREAKING TRIP. WE WILL BE THERE TOGETHER AS A LP TEAM, nothing is out of reach. THe friends we made are life long and we will continue to keep in touch until the next tour and then the next summit we will get there.