Searching members by location

I really think LPU site looks great already. [smile]
But it would also be cool if there was an option in the community to search for members living in your area, other than searching by activity or gender.

thatd be really helpful if you were trying to organise an event or get a lift to a concert :slight_smile: anyone in dublin?haha

Could be very useful indeed!

YES!!! It’d be great! :slight_smile:

Sounds intersting but you know you could just type in the area of the state you live in on the search box of the members list.

I know but it doesn’t always work. In my case, I typed in “Belgium” and it only gave like 10 members (which had half of them inactive without any profile pic) I think there are a lot more LPUers in Belgium, some of them I know, weren’t in the list… So not sure about that. xD

that’s a great idea

I know but it doesn’t always work. In my case, I typed in “Belgium” and it only gave like 10 members (which had half of them inactive without any profile pic) I think there are a lot more LPUers in Belgium, some of them I know, weren’t in the list… So not sure about that. xD
[/quote]

Ah thats different lol. Well in any case, its a good idea and who knows it might be reality someday.

Well, I guess there would be discussions before all the concerts, etc. or as a solution you could just make one , if you need anything.
BUT I still really like the idea :slight_smile:

Well I agree it would be cool but it’s not really important :slight_smile: We can find each other anyway :smiley:

Cool idea, but I wouldn’t use it for myself, because I don’t want everyone to see where I live. This isn’t supposed to offend you guys, but I guess you know what’s going on all over the internet everyday, so I’m just trieing to be careful [wink]

What would really help if the LPUHQ would make something like a map with either marks at locations where are most of the LPUers are from, or they create a map, working with colors - dark = many LPUers, bright = less LPUers. But to do any of that, every volunteer would have to give information about his or her hometown or at least homecountry.

[quote=Jats]Cool idea, but I wouldn’t use it for myself, because I don’t want everyone to see where I live. This isn’t supposed to offend you guys, but I guess you know what’s going on all over the internet everyday, so I’m just trieing to be careful [wink]

What would really help if the LPUHQ would make something like a map with either marks at locations where are most of the LPUers are from, or they create a map, working with colors - dark = many LPUers, bright = less LPUers. But to do any of that, every volunteer would have to give information about his or her hometown or at least homecountry.

[quote=Jats]Cool idea, but I wouldn’t use it for myself, because I don’t want everyone to see where I live. This isn’t supposed to offend you guys, but I guess you know what’s going on all over the internet everyday, so I’m just trieing to be careful [wink]

yeah, that’s a great idea. it would be pretty helpful

write to ground ctrl. i guess they can help you out with that :slight_smile:

btw: Freaking awesome idea!

yeah that would be great because I’m new in my city and I try to find some people

Yea. But it says when you click on someone.

[quote=Min2Midnite]Yea. But it says when you click on someone.

[quote=ANVANOPPENS][quote=Min2Midnite]Yea. But it says when you click on someone.

[quote=LinkinParkForever275]write to ground ctrl. i guess they can help you out with that :slight_smile:

btw: Freaking awesome idea!