Spamming my own band....I just thought it'd be interesting ok!

Yeah I thought fellow LPUers might be interested in my band Veteran! Since LP started getting me interested in being in bands I thought it’d be nice to show off how far I’ve come thanks to them!
Anyway, have a look if you feel like it [smile]Here’s my band!

I’m not a facebook friend. Therefore, I visited you on Soundcloud. Good music. Keep it up! I like the “Prisoner Of War” most :slight_smile: Will you put vocals over Cataclysmo? Sounds promising. Why aren’t you at NewMyspace and put some stuff online there?

Thanks dude glad you like! I’ve got vox for Cataclysmo but haven’t got round to adding them yet…
I WAS On myspace but, the interface fuckin’ sucks, at least for me anyway :stuck_out_tongue: a radiohead fan I see? :wink: What’s your favourite album?

Nice job man! you guys sound really good…My band isn’t really too experienced in preforming yet :stuck_out_tongue: We are still forming and practicing, but your band is great! keep up the good work! :slight_smile:

[quote=Jay Plent]Thanks dude glad you like! I’ve got vox for Cataclysmo but haven’t got round to adding them yet…
I WAS On myspace but, the interface fuckin’ sucks, at least for me anyway :stuck_out_tongue: a radiohead fan I see? :wink: What’s your favourite album?[/quote]

Haha… you’re right. My avatar betrays me:) I like a lot of stuff from them. Hail To The Thief of course, OK Computer, In Rainbows is a great record. The only album I’m not so glad with is their latest King Of Limbs. I can’t say why, but I doesn’t thrill me. What about you? I listened to your Karma Police cover. Well done! I guess it’s not easy to sing that song or Radiohead songs at all.

Hell yeah In Rainbows is absolutely flawless. Have you ever tried listening to it at night in a dark street? Puts the whole record on another level, especially on All I Need. Seriously, it’s better (I imagine) than drugs :stuck_out_tongue: And yeah I agree King Of Limbs was pretty poor on the whole, the songs just aren’t up to scratch…except codex…codex is beautiful

Did you listened to Amok (Atoms For Peace) so far? Don’t know if I should buy it, because I already could not find access to The Eraser.

But let’s talk about your music: When I listen to the songs on your Soundcloud, I’m reminded on bands like Sophia, Interpol or Radiohead. I would never had imagined, that you are influenced by Linkin Park. That’s awesome!

Are the Soundcloud songs from your band, or is that your work?

Yeah I’ve heard bits of it, you kinda have to be in a specific mind set to get it I think I dunno :stuck_out_tongue: Default’s alright. What other stuff you into?

Well, thing is, most of the stuff on SoundCloud is my lighter, acoustic-aimed stuff, that I record at home solo mainly, so my heavier stuff’s still mostly played with my band. I guess musically it’s not got much in common with LP, but I think it’s more important to try and make your own sound rather than imitating your idols.

But yeah there’s one song with my band on there, ‘The Truth Is Out’ :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=Austin8658]Nice job man! you guys sound really good…My band isn’t really too experienced in preforming yet :stuck_out_tongue: We are still forming and practicing, but your band is great! keep up the good work! :slight_smile:
[/quote]

Cheers! Hey post some material up when you get some? Be cool to hear ya!

[quote=Jay Plent]…What other stuff you into?
…I guess musically it is not got much in common with LP, but I think its more important to try and make your own sound rather than imitating your idols.
[/quote]

Yes, that’s right. I listen to a lot of different bands mostly it isn’t radio music. I guess you know what I mean. Would be every day the same shit. It’s like brain washing. Radio, TV, newspapers, all of them suggest, which music is cool and wich bands are the best. Nah, I rather want to find my music myself. I appreciate small bands, like yours, who try to do their own thing.

Actually it is a wonder that I get in touch with Linkin Park. Because in the past I thought it’s just one of those trivial popular bands (sorry). But I learned my lesson and here I am [biggrin]

Beside LP, I love listening to Post-Rock and some other alternative stuff. Here ist a list of the bands I like.

What about you? What bands do you like?