What to Get Signed at M&G?

My son and I are having real troubles deciding what to get signed at our next LP M&G. Of course, the Living Things CD cover is something we’ll get signed. But what else? We got all of the other album covers signed. We want something that is small but won’t get smashed if we have to hold onto the it in the PIT during the show (in a backpack or something). Any chance they make Reanimation in a CD booklet (we have the cardboard version of the CD package)? Dunno what to do here. Please help us out! lol

During the summit, we get to make our own LP shirt or hoodies there, so that would be something easy to have already from the summit and get signed. Have your son get his shirt or hoodie signed and have the CD signed from you. Im having them sign the hybrid theory press release picture from WB. ANd my daughter is going to have Here Chester bennington dress skirt shese wearing signed. Has to be something easy to keep with you for sure.

Im getting the picture from this press kit signed. Should be cool to add to the collection

http://eil.com/shop/moreinfo.asp?catalogid=407541

Well, Todd, something to keep in mind is that some concert locations allow for item check ins. This means that after getting your item signed, you can place it safely in a check in before entering the pit. This will allow you to keep your recently signed item safe.

As for item, I personally enjoy signing something unique or rare. This to me would make it far more valuable. Also, I enjoy getting a larger item signed so that I can display it in some form. Now, I understand why you would sign a CD and I am not against it, but personally I would sign something bigger for display like a poster or guitar. Signing a guitar is rare and can be hard to do. But it is very much worth the effort. In a meet and greet, I can guarantee you that you will find many CDs, t-shirts, booklets, and posters being signed.

I’m just getting my Hybrid Theory CD signed! Well the booklet. I figured it’d be the best since that was my first cd I got by them.

LP will be in Australia next year for the Soundwave Festival, and most probably some headlining shows too; I’'ll be getting my Hybrid Theory CD, the same one I brought the day after hearing them for the 1st time, signed, and then I’ll get it framed. Anything with sentimental value is always the best stuff to get signed !

Dale, get the freaking HYBRID THEORY TAPE, now that is unique to get signed, I have one of them and was going to bring that to sign, but no way will all the members signatures fit, but its white and would be cool to get signed, im using that hybrid theory press release picture for that reason to get everyone on there and frame it to hang it up FOREVER.

Thank you all for your suggestions! The CD covers are something we always get signed from every band we meet. Something nice and portable to bring with. Sure, we have some rare ones and others may be common.

Ok…what about a vinyl? Would you get the vinyl cover signed or the actual vinyl record itself? What is better for display you think? Also, if we were to get a poster signed, would it be best to bring a tube protector to keep it nice and neat? Thanks!

If you had seats it would be easy, get anything signed and put it away at hotel or something, thats what were doing. The vinyl, most ones I see have the record and then the cover is signed, there both put in a picture frame and looks pretty cool. Of course a poster should be a tube especially if you have to bring it to the pit.

Trinity, you saying BOTH the record and cover are signed for vinyls?

Hmm…posters…what kind of posters would be best to get signed? Any ones I could buy that are 100% original and be cool to keep as a collector and fan? I would like one will all six of the boys on the poster.

I’m also a pretty good photographer. I already got the band to sign the best photo I have ever taken in my life. At last year’s Summit in Chicago, took a pic with all six of them in it. It is PERFECT! Rarest item I own of LP because I’m the only one who took it and has it. Don’t have another pic like it. Of course, I have other pics of each band member (don’t have excellent ones of Brad or Rob though) to get signed, but I’d rather have the whole band sign something. Hmmm…

Also, what if I find a pic of LP that I really, really like…could I possibly upload that pic from Google to an SD card and get that printed at a local print shop? Hard to find some of these pics on legit posters, ya know?

Yeah or ebay, but its getting close to M and G, but they have some really good and rare finds on there to get signed. No, the vinyl is in the frame and the cover is signed, that is how most of the ones I find for sale or up at peoples houses are done, but both in the frame and it looks pretty cool.

I was thinking about having my OSC vinyl signed, has anyone here ever taken one to a M&G? I’m afraid it’s going to be destroyed inside my backpack while i’m in the pit :frowning:

Yeah I would say that is pretty shady, tough to keep it safe, in some places they have areas to have it held like a coat closet type situation but never know.

Hmm…in a dilemma…going to get my Living Things album cover signed for sure (to go along with my other ones!). But as for the other item my son might get signed…I’m torn between different things. Here are our options. Please help me out. What would YOU get signed by the whole band?

1. Remo Emperor X drumhead (what Rob uses on his drumset)
  2. Reanimation album cover
  3. A Thousand Suns vinyl
  4. Making of Meteora book
  5. A promotional pic of the band…as long as I can upload it from Google and put onto an SD card…then print it out at a nice photoshop.

Please inform me of your TOP TWO opinions. Need help deciding guys. Thanks! :slight_smile:

Another choice we have is the A Thousand Suns poster (the ones with the tiger and girl). What should we do (Todd Halvy is my father)?

[quote=Todd Halvy]Hmm…in a dilemma…going to get my Living Things album cover signed for sure (to go along with my other ones!). But as for the other item my son might get signed…I’m torn between different things. Here are our options. Please help me out. What would YOU get signed by the whole band?

3. A Thousand Suns vinyl
  5. A promotional pic of the band…as long as I can upload it from Google and put onto an SD card…then print it out at a nice photoshop.

Please inform me of your TOP TWO opinions. Need help deciding guys. Thanks! :)[/quote]
my top two are ATS vinyl (I love this option) and the Meteora book.
The ATS cover is white and it’s a vinyl, so there’s plenty of space for them to sign with a black sharpie. The Book is a nice item, it’s got beautiful photos, I’d like to have a signed one.
Just my opinion!

The vinly as long as you can keep it safe afterwards, they look great framed.

if you are short on cash, maybe you can select a nice band picture and get it printed out at Walmart nicely…that is what I am thinking about anyway; either that or buy one of those ‘limited edition’ band posters they will have at each venue, but they are selling those for $45!

I did not see these options earlier, I would choose #5 myself. But only because I don’t have the other 4, lol.

[quote=Todd Halvy]Hmm…in a dilemma…going to get my Living Things album cover signed for sure (to go along with my other ones!). But as for the other item my son might get signed…I’m torn between different things. Here are our options. Please help me out. What would YOU get signed by the whole band?

3. A Thousand Suns vinyl

Please inform me of your TOP TWO opinions. Need help deciding guys. Thanks! :)[/quote]

You are so lucky to have a cool dad to take you to concerts!