Would this be convincing? (HELP NEEDED)

@the_termin8r
@annawe
@evooba
@intheend
@samuel_the_leader

Spoken to The Novo, hire / production should only be around $26,000 with RED (the band) costing £18,000+ and Skillet costing £100,000+

Hi everyone,

I’m trying to do fan-funding for a charity concert with my 18th birthday next year. If you saw this on a fundraising website, would this convince you to give the money highlighted in the rewards, and would the rewards be enough to make you want to give the money?

If you guys would leave suggestions bout how to improve the fundraiser story / rewards in the comments then that would be appreciated deeply. I can’t create any physical rewards (which I know limits me greatly) but any advice would be appreciated.

If there is ANY comments telling me it’s a crazy / foolish idea that they will be either ignore / deleted, I already know that this is a huge PROJECT and I know I’m asking a lot from this.

Hello fellow Music Lovers –

My name is Rebecca, a sixth form student from Maidstone, England and I am hoping to do something amazing for my 18th birthday. A charity concert raising money for Music for Relief, Cancer Research UK and WWF. However, this event relies solely on the public believing in this idea and taking it forward. The money raised will allow me to hire out the arena and pay for the hire for one of the artists on my wanted list.

Here’s where you come in! Please click on the “donate” tab. Any amount (large or small) is both welcome and deeply appreciated. Any assistance you can give us spreading the word on social media would be deeply appreciated! The hashtag is #ScriptsofMusicConcert. I will also spreading word on fan pages for the artists and asking the hopeful venue to do the same.

With your help this amazing event will arrive in Los Angles’s ‘The Novo’. And will be live streamed as well! This first part of the fundraiser will be only to get enough money to hire the arena / production / first artist hire.

REWARDS

Pledge £5 or more
I will gladly acknowledge your kind contribution on our opening screens for each show!

Pledge £10 or more
This pledge comes with all the rewards above, plus… I will happily send you a personal “thank you” email!

Pledge £25 or more
This pledge comes with all the rewards above, plus… You will be acknowledged on our “Music Angels” screen and scroll in the lobby and opening screens to each show as having contributed to the creation of this incredible event!

Pledge £50 or more
This pledge comes with all the rewards above, plus… You will receive behind the scenes info, stories, videos and photos emailed to you as the concert takes shape!

I’m also hoping to add in an extra reward of, if you donate £250, you get two free tickets to the show and a all the over rewards listed above, does that sound good?

Not this again (I remembered you from last year.) And don’t tag @theearlywalker as she’s pissed with the rest of us.

@samuel_the_leader

Yea me again :sweat_smile:

How does the fundraising story sound to you, (again, already know huge project, probably won’t work but i wanna try) what’s happended with EarlyWalker? (her tags been deleted)

You’ll have to ask her.

I was going to reply to this earlier before you changed it. so you want to start a fundraising for music for relief for what?

Well basically, it’s a fundraising to create a charity concert in LA for the band RED that will hopefully be raising money for the charities above. If the story and rewards good? I guessing I need to make the story clearer if you didn’t understand what it was for?

I don’t think that there will be enough people wishing to contribute for you to reach your target. It’s not as simple as just raising the money. Lots of people need to be involved to allow an event to run smoothly, and having worked in the business from both sides (in a successful band and as a promoter) I don’t believe that a single 17/18 year old will be able to run, organise and promote a show successfully. I think you’re heart is in the right place, but your idea is of such a large magnitude that it is well above your station. Why not organise a small event, and pick one of your three charities to give all profits to? That could be a lot more enjoyable and prosperous.

@andrewjackson

Hi

Well, truth is, this event isn’t until next May, however, I’m not the one promoting / running the event, the hopeful venue is the The Novo in LA, i already know all the prices and everything. I just need to convince people to help bring this event to life.

All i need is around £80,000, which, I know is a LOT of money… But that’s only:
16,000 = £5
8,000 = £10
3200 = £25
1600 = £50
160 = £500

Again… A lot, but all i need is people to spread the word and help out. Think about it, fans will be happy to hear music, and the charities will be happy to get a lot of money from this event.

Becca

We’ve had this conversation months ago. Again, it’s not as easy as you think.

I know, I know, but I want to try.

Can’t fault your optimism, best of luck with it. It’ll be hard work and sounds impossible, but please prove me wrong. :slight_smile:

:slight_smile: I’ll try to man, could I ask a favour from you guys?

@samuel_the_leader
@intheend
@the_termin8r
@andrewjackson

When (eventually) this fundraising page goes up, could you guys possibly share it around the LPU forums and on social media?

Hi, me again.

You said that you’ve been in both sides of the music industry? As it turns out, the event I’m planning desperately needs a promoter otherwise it can’t go ahead. Could we possibly talk about this further through PM or email? (Only if you wanted to of course)

Sorry, I’m a parent now and simply don’t have the time. Also your show is based in the US and I’m in the U.K.

Hi everyone (again! :disappointed_relieved:)

About the fundraiser, I’m thinking of doing the fundraiser (venue hire and Skillet) and these are the rewards for the pledge number… would these convince you (and others)

Would these rewards convince you to raise the noted amount of money listed
£10 or more
I will happily send you a personalized “thank you” email!

£25 or more
This comes with the reward above, plus… I will gladly acknowledge your kind contribution on the ‘White Fledgling’ poster that will be displayed in the venue lobby!

£50 or more
This comes with all the rewards above, plus… You will receive behind the scenes info, stories, videos and photos emailed to you as the concert takes shape!

£250 or more
This comes with all the rewards above, plus… You will receive 2 free tickets to the show!

£1,000 or more
This comes with all the rewards above, plus… You will receive a signed program autographed by all the artists!

£5,000 or more
This comes with all the rewards above, plus… You will receive one of our beautifully designed RIBBON TREE POSTER created especially for donors at the £5,000.00 level! You will also be invited to attend the sound check right before the show.

£10,000 or more
This comes with all the rewards above, plus… A Co-Producer credit and a RAINBOW BIRD POSTER created especially for donors at the £10,000.00 level.

Funding needed: £255,000 - Genting Arena and Skillet